Diet and Nutrition Articles
Strength Training Articles
Cardio and Endurance Articles
Pregnancy and Postpartum
Health and Flexibility Articles
Free Fitness Advice: Diet and Nutrition Articles
- Small Meals, Large Meals; It All Depends Learn whether it's better to eat three squares a day or more mini-meals in terms of metabolism and weight loss!
- Intermittent Fasting But Not Losing Weight? It happens! I have 5 reasons why, and what you can do to get the scale moving in the right direction.
- Having a Hard Time Dieting? Get my best pro tips here.
- Are Carrots Bad for Dieting? Learn whether or not those sweet and starchy orange veggies are something you should avoid.
- Abdominal Exercises Alone Are Not Enough Learn what you REALLY need to do to get the abs you want.
- Nutrient Timing is the Key to Being Able to Eat More While Getting Leaner Than Ever! It's not about what you eat...but when you eat it!
- How to Alter the Hormones That Make You Hungry Once you unlock this trick, your results will skyrocket.
- Use Meal Templates to Make Dieting a Snap It couldn't be easier to stay on your nutrition plan once you have our exclusive Meal Templates set up by a Certified Nutritionist.
- No Snacking Plan is a Game Changer My #1 Tip for Losing Weight. This gem is one of our most popular free fitness advice articles.
- It's an Unavoidable Fact - Nutrition and Exercise Work Together. Learn why doing one without the other is an "exercise" in futility :)
- How to Jazz Up Plain Protein Let's face it - eating protein can be boring. With these ideas, you will look forward to your food once again!
- Nutrition for Flexibility What you eat can greatly affect your range of motion. Learn more.
- Help! I can't sleep while dieting. When you cut calories, it also can be harder to sleep. Learn how to get the shut-eye your mind and body crave.
- Eating Healthy at Work Long work days don't have to derail your progress! Learn my best tips here.
- What Fish Oil Has That You Need Learn why you're silly to forgo this weight loss powerhouse.
- How Much Protein You REALLY Need With all the talk on high protein diets, it's easy to feel overwhelmed. This advice will help you learn how much YOU really need.
- New Protein Ideas to Overcome Food Boredom If you've settled into a diet rut, this article is a must-read.
- High Protein Oatmeal Recipe Did you know that protein first thing is the absolute BEST thing you can do for your metabolism? This quick recipe is one of my favorite ways to start my day!
- The Importance of Protein Supplements...and the Least Expensive, Best Tasting Options I'll help you sift through the endless products out there so you can focus on ones that pass my taste and quality test!
- Free Rapid Weight Loss Plan That's Safe and Trainer-Approved I don't normally advice seeking rapid weight loss...but with this plan, I can make an exception.
- If you're going to do it, do it right! Rapid Weight Loss Resources All you need to know to take off weight rapidly...and healthfully.
- Free Diet Plans to Give You The Results You Want These plans are designed by a Certified Nutritionist to ensure that you get the nutrients AND the results you are after.
- Trainer Tips to Lose Weight - Guaranteed There's not much in life that is Guaranteed, but weight loss IS if you follow this advice.
- How To Choose Your Own Effective Diet Menu for Your Goals There are so many diets out there that it's tricky to determine which one is best for you. This article will help.
- Top 10 Most Filling Foods Filling foods make dieting a snap. Learn the 10 best here.
- Can I Continue to Lose Weight Without Increasing My Mileage? There's a limit to how many miles we can continue to add to our cardio each week. Learn how to break through a plateau without having to slave away for hours each day.
- The Best Supplements for All Your Health, Fitness, and Physique Goals I help you hone in on the ones you REALLY need, and you can forget the rest.
- Chemistry 101 Flashbacks: Healthy Body = Healthy pH. Learn how your body's pH affects your health, energy and weight loss results.
- Are Quest Bars Healthy? Learn if a bar flavored like cookie dough is really a healthy snack :)
- Controlling Hunger Starts With The Hunger Hormone Learn how to hack your own hormones to make dieting a breeze.
- Warming Filling Tea Recipe This recipe is sure to hold you over until your next meal, while providing you with lots of antioxidants your body needs.
- Why Individualized Diet and Exercise Programs are Superior Learn why you're just beating your head against a wall if you're trying to follow a cookie-cutter plan.
- How To Get Rid of Cellulite for Good It's true - there ARE ways to make a dent in cellulite. Learn how.
- Why Fish Oil May Be the Most Important Supplement You Ever Take Learn why the benefits go far beyond modulating inflammation.
- Glucosamine-Chondroitin is a Godsend For Your Joints This oldie but goodie supplement can be your secret weapon for pain-free joints.
- Glutamine Can Help You Work Out Longer and Harder, as well as Sleep and Recover Better This inexpensive supplement can be YOUR game-changer.
- Why Green Tea Might Be the Best Fat-Burner There Is Sometimes the simple things really can work best. Learn how to use it here.
- Jump on the "Boycott Low-Carb" Bandwagon. The Low Carb Alternative Giving up carbs is painful and unnecessary. It also can be SUPER unhealthy. Learn how to find an alternative plan that works even better here!
- Fad Dieting Stinks: Go Back to Basics Make this year that last year you EVER consider a fad diet.
- Dining Out Tips From the Trainer It's TOTALLY possible to eat out AND lose weight...if you know these insider trainer tips.
- Do I Really Need a Multivitamin? You may have heard that multivitamins just cause expensive pee! Learn the facts here.
- Trader Joe's Healthy and Tasty Shopping Guide Trader Joe's can be a fat and sugar trap if you don't know what to buy. Print off our guide and go there armed with the best items to snag!
- How to Consume Enough Protein Get our best tips and tricks on consuming the amount of protein you NEED to reach your goals.
- Help! I Quit Smoking and now I am Gaining Weight An unfortunate side effect of quitting smoking is weight gain. Learn how to minimize it in this article.
- How to Reduce Hunger While Dieting No one wants to be hungry while dieting! And it's unnecessary to suffer. Learn our best tips on preventing hunger while dieting.
- The Importance of Whole Grains in a Healthy Diet Whole grains are critical to include in a balanced meal plan. Learn how to eat them WITHOUT unwanted weight gain.
- Protein is Non-Negotiable for an Ideal Physique Learn exactly how much you need to achieve the look you're after.
- How to Eat Before Your Workout Is it REALLY essential to eat before you work out? Get the facts here.
- Healthier Cake Recipes Life is better with cake! Learn how to make it without sabotaging your nutrition efforts.
- 3 Alternatives to Beef Burgers Beef isn't the only game in town...try these yummy options.
- How to Drink and Still Maintain Fitness Sometimes you just need to let loose with a drink! Learn how to do it without your waistline paying a price.
- Juice Cleanse Smoothie Recipes You Can Make at Home Try our popular smoothie recipes tomorrow morning!
- Should I go Paleo? Learn the pros and cons to this ancestral way of eating.
- The Rotation Diet This diet is a great craving re-set and also can help with food sensitivities! Curious? Let's dig in!
- Burn Off Stubborn Fat If you have that fat deposit that you just can't get rid of no matter what, this article is the answer to your prayers.
- Real Weight Loss Results If you are sick and tired of the yo-yo life, you NEED to read this.
- Quick Healthy Meal Ideas Who has time to slave away for hours in the kitchen? These meals can be ready in a snap - without sacrificing taste.
- Perfectionism and Weight Loss Learn why being a perfectionist is the WORST thing you can be in terms of losing weight - and learn how to change your approach.
- 5 Unusual Metabolism Hacks These 5 tips are Guaranteed to help make a dent in your weight loss goal.
- Match Your Food and Your Exercise and Watch Your Results Soar By choosing specific foods around your workout time, you can increase your results many fold. Don't miss out!
- Never Fear - Help for Eating Healthier is Here If eating healthier is super overwhelming for you, this article will help get you focused on what really matters.
- Healthy Finger Foods Sometimes you just need to munch on a finger food! Do it without sacrificing your results.
- Beat Diabetes with Diet and Exercise Learn how to manage diabetes the natural way.
- Best Nutrition Products of 2020 These products got us through the crazy year that was 2020. Just because it's a new year doesn't mean they aren't worth using! Give them a try.
- How to Keep a Great Diet - Even If You're Crazy Busy Being busy DOESN'T mean you can't eat well. There are days I spend 12 hours in and out of the car and I manage to pull it off! Learn my in-the-trenches tips here.
- What you NEED to know about Calcium-Magnesium Balance If you're like many people, you pop a calcium supplement without giving a second thought about your magnesium - but these supplements go hand in hand. The vast majority of Americans are low in magnesium and you need to make sure your levels are adequate to feel your best.
- Dopamine-Boosting Foods These pleasure-promoting foods will add some spice to your diet.
- Making Eating at Work - Work! Learn how to juggle eating at work and keep your weight loss progress humming along.
- Electrolytes and Performance Electrolytes are what spark our systems, literally, into action. Learn how to get enough to fill your needs.
- Food Cravings: Nature or Nurture? Food cravings can be tackled with the right approach. We'll teach you how in this article.
- Free Diet Audit We would love to help you find small diet tweaks that are easy to implement yet REALLY make a difference.
- It's Time to Get Lean! Our guidebook on how to get leaner than you ever have before.
Free Fitness Advice: Strength Training Articles
- Get More Out of Your Workouts E-Course If you are sick and tired of getting less results from your workouts than you deserve - take my Free e-course.
- YouTube Home Workouts You'll have a choice between a full body routine as well as a Buns and Guns full length workout you can follow along with!
- 10 Minute Home Workout This workout is perfect when you want something that is quick and to-the-point but also productive. You'll need a pair of dumbbells and a resistance band.
- At Home Workout for Moms If you are stuck at home with the kids, these follow-along workouts will be a lifesaver! You won't need much equipment, and you can even use common household items in a pinch!
- Setting Up Your Home Gym Take our advice that comes from decades of experience with home workouts!
- Best Core Workouts for Home Choose from 3 levels of core workouts that you can try to improve your core strength.
- Why Exercise Can Make Thighs Bigger Instead of Smaller and What to Do About It It's a bummer to have your thigh size go in the wrong direction. We explain why this happens and what you can do about it here! This pageis one of our most popular free fitness advice articles.
- The Olympic Challenge (Anyone Can Do It!) This fun challenge will help keep you focused for 16 days - the length of an Olympic Games!
- Abdominal Workouts That Produce Results If you are frustrated with the way your stomach looks in spite of doing exercises for your core, this article is a must-read.
- At Home Ab Workout Routine We have quick beginner, intermediate and advanced routines laid out for you on this page.
- How To Set Up Your Own Home Gym on any Budget If you're working within a budget but still want to set up the absolute best home gym you can afford, this guide is a must-see.
- Effective Workout You Can Perform at Home It's complete baloney that you can't get an effective workout at home - but you have to know how to do it.
- Lower Abdominal Exercises That Really Work If your lower belly pouch has got you down, let us lift you (and that belly!) up with these exercises!
- Weight Training For Women It's true that women and men need to train a bit differently for best results. Get tips on women-specific training here.
- Best Order of Workout - and Why It Matters Did you know that it's not just which exercises you do, but also which order you to them in that really matters?
- Myths About Ab Exercises There are so many myths about ab exercises out there that it's not even funny. Bust through the truth and the hype in this article.
- Study Reveals the Best Ab Exercises No matter which abs exercises that cause you to feel the burn, there are certain ones that science PROVES work best. Learn them today!
- Stoking The Metabolism The faster you can get your metabolism, the faster the weight will come off. Learn this trainer's insider tips here.
- Simple Home Core Workout Working your core doesn't have to involve fancy gizmos and gadgets! Learn a favorite simple home core workout routine that I love.
- Quick Workout For Moms If you're a mom who doesn't have much time to yourself anymore, use this workout to get your me time back!
- Short Pilates Workout: Perform Pilates at Home If you've been curious to try pilates, this short workout will be the perfect introduction.
- Weight Training to Help Knee Pain Research shows that strength training is the #1 way to manage knee pain that doesn't require surgery. Learn more.
- Women's Custom Routines These routines are all designed by women, for women to focus on your unique needs as a woman.
- Broken Foot? No Excuses! You Can Still Get a Great Workout Learn how to keep the rest of your body at it's best while recovering from a lower limb injury. It's one of our most popular free fitness advice articles!
- Outdoor Workouts To Stay Fit and Have Fun All Summer Long When the weather is good, it's worth it to take your workout outside! Learn how to do it - without sacrificing results.
- Pros and Cons of P90x and Other Cookie-Cutter Home Workout Programs While these premade programs have their benefits, the drawbacks may not be worthwhile.
- Weight Training and Sports Strength training can be your secret weapon no matter what your sport. Learn best practices here.
- Weight Lifting Chart If you struggle to stay organized when you work out, downloading our Free weight lifting chart is sure to help.
- Workout for Busy Moms As a mom you likely have little spare time to be spending on yourself. This workout for busy moms will hit everything from head to toe so that you can move on with your day!
- Shoulder Saver Strength Program If your shoulders are always a bother, try our shoulder program on for size!
- Bodyweight Toning Workout You Can Do Anywhere If you're traveling or otherwise don't have access to any equipment, this workout will be your life saver!
Free Fitness Advice: Cardio and Endurance Articles
Free Fitness Advice: Pregnancy and Postpartum
Free Fitness Advice: Motivation Articles
- The Fat Loss Fairy Have you ever wondered if a Fat Loss Fairy could pay you a visit? Then you need to read this.
- Overcoming Procrastination to Exercise We've all done it - learn how to kill the urge to procrasinate in it's tracks.
- Unfortunately, 50% Effort Gets You an "F" - But Just a Little More Effort and You’ll Make The Grade! Learn how you can COMPLETELY turn your results around with just a little more effort on your part. It's not a linear exchange!
- How to Stay in Shape on a Business Trip If you're traveling, it DOESN'T mean your results have to be put on the back burner.
- How to Get Fit When You Work All The Time If you work crazy hours, I can help set you up with a plan that ANYONE can fit into their packed day.
- I Lack Motivation to Workout Learn my favorite hack on how to crush your goals.
- Do Fitness Goals Stress You Out? If you find yourself shying away from setting goals, this article is a must-read.
- Take Responsibility for Your Fitness Fitness success starts with YOU and the amount of responsibility you accept for your situation.
- Personal Training Success Stories From Home Bodies Clients These success stories are sure to ignite your motivation - AND your belief that working out at home CAN work!
- Track It! Program with Home Bodies Our popular Track It! program has helped hundreds of clients get into the best shape of their lives - let it help you, too!
- Short Effective Workout The length of workout has very little to do with how effective it is. Learn why in this article.
- Workout Consistency Tips If you are the type who works out one month and not the next, you NEED to read this.
- Finding the Motivation to Work Out Once you connect with your Why, the rest will unfold naturally.
- Train Like an Athlete to Unlock Your Inner Badass If you are wondering why your workout is missing that spark, this article will help you understand what needs to be done.
- 30 Ways to Stay Active with Others Fitness is more fun with friends!
- 5 Year Weight-A-Versary Read this uplifting story from a Home Bodies client. It's also packed with actionable tips that anyone can apply from a formerly obese woman!
- How to Make Exercise a "Must" Once you can turn exercise from a "should" to a "must" your life will become a LOT simpler and easier.
- Weight Loss Success Story From Client Who HATES to Exercise If you too hate to exercise, this interview is a must-listen.
- The Home Bodies Olympic Workout Challenge Train with the consistency of an Olympian with this fun challenge!
- How You've "Always Done It" Rewrite your personal story and see your life change.
- It's Always Going to Be Something Learn how to avoid letting your circumstances change what is possible for you.
- Finding Appreciation in Your Fitness When you begin to think of fitness as something you "get" to do rather than something you "have" to do, everything will change for you.
- Avoid Weekend Fitness Sabotage If you are the type who is great Monday through Friday but then the sh*t hits the fan, you NEED to read this.
- Breaking Out of Homeostasis If you have been stuck in a plateau for some time, these tips will be just what the doctor ordered.
- Create a Mantra for Exercise Your own personal mantra will supercharge your energy levels and motivation just when you need it most.
- No Motivation to Exercise Anymore? Pick up my very best tips for getting motivated to get active!
- Get More Energy If you need more energy but coffee just isn't doing it anymore, these tips are sure to help.
- Get in Shape FOR the Holidays for a Change! If you are sick of waiting until January 1st to initiate a diet plan, only to have it fizzle out mid-month, this article will be perfect for you.
- Finally Succeed in Forming New Health Habits Forming new health habits doesn't have to be difficult if you know these tips from a motivational expert.
- Fitness Goals and Stress Becoming fitter is supposed to make your life happier - it's NOT supposed to stress you out. Learn how to turn the tables here.
- Find a Workout Partner If you're a social person, finding a workout partner could be the game changer you've been waiting for.
Free Fitness Advice: Health and Flexibility Articles
Did you know Gina as Gina Paolino? That's her maiden name.
Interested in Hiring a Trainer to help you stay focused?
Let's face it - the amount of information about health and fitness can be overwhelming! If you hire a trainer, you will find that you get a specific, personalized program that is super clear to follow. This increases motivation. Grab your Price Quote today! You can also schedule your Free 15 minute Discovery call to see if what you're looking for is something we can deliver! Schedule now.
Get more free fitness advice sent to your inbox every month, along with Special Insider Offers on our services.
If you like these free fitness advice articles, you will probably like receiving Gina Paulhus's e-zine, "The Home Bodies Newsletter!" every month! Gina will fill you in on the latest diet and exercise information, and keep you updated with new information and programs on HomeExerciseCoach.com.