There just aren't a ton of supplements worth the money for the average person. It's true that at least 90% of all supplements are a waste of money and have little, if any, effect. However, there are some supplements that are legit, and they are listed here. Although these supplements won't hurt you, they aren't necessary for all people. Individual needs and considerations must be taken into account when looking at supplement needs. For a comprehensive and personalized recommendation, consider setting up a Consultation with our Certified Nutritionists.
Talk with your trainer who is certified in nutrition if you have questions about which supplements you should/shouldn't be taking.
Here are our 6 Best Value Supplement recommendations.
Visit the links below for more in-depth information on these supplements.
1. Fish Oil Capsules Fish oil is a wonderful source of omega-3 fatty acids. The benefits in the body are many, and our food supply today tends to be deficient in omega-3s.
2. Glucosamine Chrondroitin This supplement is wonderful for joint mobility and integrity. Lots of folks with arthritis take it for the joint support.
3. Protein Supplements With busy lifestyles, getting adequate protein isn't easy. Supplements can help and they are considered a food because of the calories they contain.
4. Green Tea (regular tea or a supplement) Green tea is a wonderful source of antioxidants and caffeine. The caffeine in green tea isn't as harsh on the body as the kind in coffee.
5. Creatine It's tricky to get enough to cover workout needs through diet. In addition, it can used to help with depression!