1. Eat 9 servings of fruits/veggies a day. More veggies than fruits, and include all colors of the rainbow. Along with this have 25 to 30 grams of fiber a day which should be easy if you consume the fiber from the produce. You can get some fiber from whole grains and nuts as well.
2. Consume 0.8 grams/lb of your body weight in protein a day. Look at food labels and look up foods online to see the protein per serving.
3. All fat consumed while drinking alcohol immediately gets stored. So if you drink, try to eat low fat while drinking.
4. Get omega 3's from walnuts, flax seeds, fish and fish oils. Take in some every day.
5. If consuming grains, make them whole grain. Potatoes esp. sweet and red potatoes are better than breads and pastas. Brown rice or basmati rice is better than white rice. Oatmeal etc. is fine, but overall minimize grains.
6. If you consume sugar always have protein with it so it doesn't spike insulin. However, it's best to avoid sugar.
7. Try to get 30 to 50 grams of protein at breakfast. If you don't like meats or big omelets for breakfast, consider a protein shake.
8. Stop eating 2 hours before going to bed. This allows for proper digestion and hormone production.
9. Get out of the habit of 'snacking.' Each time you eat try to have some protein with it; i.e. a hard boiled egg and fruit, or a cheese string and some raw veggies, or a yogurt with fruit or nuts.
10. Try to eat foods you can identify based on how they grow in nature. Apple is better than apple juice (processed) is better than applesauce.
Please share it here!
"Skip the gym...do the workout."
Sep 02, 20 01:04 PM
Free ab workouts you can do right at home! Mix up your ab workouts for top tummy-toning results!
Sep 02, 20 12:28 PM
Many poeple want to "spot reduce" trouble areas. But can you spot reduce? The answer is here.
Aug 17, 20 12:45 PM
Here is a list of videos of core exercises you can perform as part of your home workout.