|site search by freefind|
It doesn’t have to cost a fortune to set up your own ‘home gym.’ Even if you don’t have a dedicated room for working out, a simple but complete homegym can be yours for less than $100. If you can spend a little more, you will be able to more easily breeze through your workout or purchase heavier weights to take you to that next level.
A yoga mat and a set of dumbbells allow you to perform hundreds of exercises for all muscle groups, and even perform cardiovascular work via circuit training. These pieces of equipment can be stored in a closet and you can use them right in your living room. Many are unsure as to the best type of dumbbells to purchase. Here is a guide to choosing dumbbells for your home.
Individual Free Weights
• Low cost per dumbbell—about 70 cents/lb
• Great for beginners
• Good if you don’t need a bunch of different size weights
• Quick—you can just grab one and perform your workout—no setup needed
• As you get stronger you need to keep buying more dumbbells
• Can take up a lot of space
• Buying a full set can cost a lot—up to $700 for up to 60 lb. weights
• As you grow your collection you will want a storage rack which is an additional cost and takes up space
Manual Adjustable Dumbbells
• Low cost for naked dumbbell handle and individual plates—about 70 cents/lb. Only $70 to make a set of up to 50 lb. weights.
• Space saver because you can set up any size dumbbell all using just one handle
• Screwing and unscrewing the handles to change the weight will take extra time, and interfere with circuit training. Having more than one set of handles can help.
• You need ‘higher math’ skills every time you adjust the dumbbell to make sure you have the correct weight ?
• You instantly have access to 5 lb. up to 55 lb. weights with 2.5 lb. increments
• Over 20 ‘pairs’ of varied weights that takes up little space
• Most costly upfront--$400 at Sears.Click here if you would like a personal training session to help you outfit your home gym according to your personal fitness goals.
Skip the gym...do the workout.Home Bodies YouTube Channel
Jun 30, 20 10:08 AM
Here are some videos of home workout upper body exercises performed by Home Bodies clients.
Jun 30, 20 12:00 AM
The part of the brain responsible for eating - the hypothalamus - is directly affected by alcohol. The alcohol activates hypothalamus neurons called AgRP to increase appetite, decrease metabolism and…
Jun 16, 20 08:35 AM
Home Bodies 30 minute sessions make it more achieveable than ever to fit fitness into your life. Home Bodies can provide you with a great workout in a jiffy.