|site search by freefind|
Let's be honest, your routine is going to get a little thrown off over the next couple of weeks, if it hasn't already. It's tempting to throw in the towel with fitness during the holidays, but you'll always regret it.
So, here are some ideas to salvage your fitness during this happy but busy time of year.
1. Consider shorter, but more intense, workouts. If you normally jog for 30 minutes, pick up the pace a bit but only go for 20. This will save time and also give you a little speed boost that you can carry forward when you resume the longer workout.
2. Take advantage of 'active lifestyle' fitness. Be the first one to pick up the shovel after that snowstorm. Walk briskly while shopping, and park further away from the store than usual (since you probably can't find a good spot anyway!). If you have children in your life, play with the outside.
3. Try to follow the 'drink or desert, but not both' rule. This one goes a long way toward controlling caloric intake at a party.
4. If you can, just get away from it all for a bit and go to an aerobics or yoga class. The times when are the most busy are also the times you really need to just take a step away and recharge your batteries. It will make you for efficient and productive the rest of the day.
5. Don't expect family and friends to change this season! If a certain relative always gets on your nerves, try to accept them as they are, at least for now, and expect similar behavior from this year as last year. At least this way you won't let them get to you as much.
6. The little things add up. Choose light meat over dark meat and fresh vegetables over cooked ones whenever possible.
7. Pace yourself. Have a glass of water or seltzer in between drinks.
8. Give away leftovers that might be lying around the house rather than eating too much food you just don't need.
9. Do something for charity over the holiday season. This will help you just as much as it helps the charity.
10. Take a moment each day to acknowledge being gratefulfor what you have.
11. If you are traveling, you can still do planks, push-ups, lunges, and supermans anywhere. Try to do them first thing in the morning before the day gets away from you.
12. Put your fork down between bites. This will slow down your eating so you have the chance to really register when you're full. If you want second helpings, wait 5 minutes and see if you still want it, or if you are satisfied with what you had.
"Skip the gym...do the workout."
Sep 02, 20 01:04 PM
Free ab workouts you can do right at home! Mix up your ab workouts for top tummy-toning results!
Sep 02, 20 12:28 PM
Many poeple want to "spot reduce" trouble areas. But can you spot reduce? The answer is here.
Aug 17, 20 12:45 PM
Here is a list of videos of core exercises you can perform as part of your home workout.