Exercising Indoors and Outdoors
In many states, you can safely exercise outdoors again, but if you’d feel more comfortable staying home, consider following virtual workouts.
- When the weather is nice, spend an afternoon trying these backyard exercises with your kids.
- If you’ve been missing the great outdoors, keep these precautions in mind while going on safe hikes with your family.
- Gyms are still closed, but you and your family can participate in fitness classes online instead!
- If you feel like you’d benefit from professional instruction, consider signing up for at-home personal training sessions.
Encouraging Healthy Habits
Focus on your overall health by emphasizing mindfulness, eating nutritious foods, drinking plenty of water, and motivating your family to do the same.
- Daily yoga sessions can help the whole family chill out. Your kids will have no problem practicing these basic yoga poses with you.
- Whip up these high-protein snacks to fuel your family before and after workouts.
- Make sure your kids are staying hydrated throughout your family workouts!
- For more healthy lifestyle tips, check out these helpful guides on everything from mindfulness to meal prepping!
Although we’re slowly shifting out of lockdown mode, most gyms are not welcoming people back just yet, as it is still too risky for large groups of people to congregate in enclosed spaces. But if you mix up your indoor workouts with time outdoors, you can help everyone in your family stay in shape during this second phase of COVID-19 recovery. Consult with one of our trainers if you would like a home workout routine designed for you.
Photo via Pexels