The eight best weight training exercises of all time are all you really need to get in fabulous shape. Learn which eight weight training exercises will give you the best results.
1. Squats, with dumbbells or a barbell. This works butt, legs, and core 10 times better than any leg press.
2. Bench or Chest Press. For most clients dumbbells are best as they are easier on the shoulders. This works shoulders, chest and triceps in one fell swoop.
3. Dumbbell Row. Works biceps and all the muscles in your back. Can be done kneeling on a bench one arm at a time, or standing using both arms together.
4. Stiff leg deadlifts with dumbbells or a barbell. The two-leg version works hamstrings and butt the most. The one leg version works core and balance. All types work the low back.
5. Shoulder Press. Dumbbells are easier on the shoulders. Works shoulders and triceps.
6. Shrugs with barbell or dumbbells. Works upper back and grip strength.
7. Calf raise. Standing calf raises holding dumbbells or in a machine work all areas of the calf.
8. Ab crunch on stability ball. Using the stability ball turns normal crunches into a total core workout.
If you want to keep it simple and still hit every muscle in your body, all you need are these eight moves. Always add resistance over time as you progress, and variety is still important so don’t be afraid to try other exercises. However these eight should be staples you keep going back to.
Click here to return to our article database, 'Free Fitness Advice'
"Skip the gym...do the workout."
Sep 02, 20 01:04 PM
Free ab workouts you can do right at home! Mix up your ab workouts for top tummy-toning results!
Sep 02, 20 12:28 PM
Many poeple want to "spot reduce" trouble areas. But can you spot reduce? The answer is here.
Aug 17, 20 12:45 PM
Here is a list of videos of core exercises you can perform as part of your home workout.