The eight best weight training exercises of all time are all you really need to get in fabulous shape. Learn which eight weight training exercises will give you the best results.
1. Squats, with dumbbells or a barbell. This works butt, legs, and core 10 times better than any leg press.
2. Bench or Chest Press. For most clients dumbbells are best as they are easier on the shoulders. This works shoulders, chest and triceps in one fell swoop.
3. Dumbbell Row. Works biceps and all the muscles in your back. Can be done kneeling on a bench one arm at a time, or standing using both arms together.
4. Stiff leg deadlifts with dumbbells or a barbell. The two-leg version works hamstrings and butt the most. The one leg version works core and balance. All types work the low back.
5. Shoulder Press. Dumbbells are easier on the shoulders. Works shoulders and triceps.
6. Shrugs with barbell or dumbbells. Works upper back and grip strength.
7. Calf raise. Standing calf raises holding dumbbells or in a machine work all areas of the calf.
8. Ab crunch on stability ball. Using the stability ball turns normal crunches into a total core workout.
If you want to keep it simple and still hit every muscle in your body, all you need are these eight moves. Always add resistance over time as you progress, and variety is still important so don’t be afraid to try other exercises. However these eight should be staples you keep going back to.
Click here to return to our article database, 'Free Fitness Advice'
Skip the gym...not the workout.Home Bodies YouTube Channel
Apr 30, 20 01:56 PM
Check out our Winter Adult Gymnastics Camp 2020 Review. Our biggest camp yet featured Olympian and Peak Performance Mental Training Coach Wendy Bruce Martin.
Apr 30, 20 01:23 PM
Check out my 5 unusual metabolism hacks
Oct 11, 19 03:26 PM
Angela Harrington is our in home personal trainer in Brentwood, Stratham, and North Hampton NH and surrounding communities.