Working as a personal trainer, there are certain things that simply drive me crazy. The good news is that it's not hard to avoid driving me crazy if you follow these simple suggestions. The good news is that, if you follow these suggestions, you will automatically have more success.The right attitude will take you to places you never imagined you could go. Some clients take years to figure these things out, but you can make changes faster if you study this list. Try it and see!
1. Saying 'I focused on xxx this week.'
What you really mean: I didn't do the rest of my assignment.
2. Trying to cancel an appointment because of an injury.
What you should do: Ask how we can modify the workout so I can still train.
3. Saying 'I could never do that.'
What you should do: Try before you assume.
4. Asking to take 'a break' from training.
What you should do: Ask how we can make the schedule or workload more manageable.
5. Saying 'I just don't have the discipline to do this.'
What needs to happen: Really think about your Reasons Why. If your Reasons Why are strong enough, discipline comes automatically.
6. Pretending things are fine when you really need more help.
What you should do: Be 100% open. I can't help when you hide things from me. You will never shock me--I have heard it all.
7. Settling for less than your best.
Better choice: Shoot for the moon. Even if you don't make it, you will go farther than if you have only a 'halfway goal.'
8. Trying the same thing over and over that didn't work the first 50 times.
What needs to happen: Try a different approach, and ask for help if you're not sure what that should be.
9. Using xx event as an excuse why you couldn't follow your diet or work out.
Better choice: Think about how you will handle something like this next time. Go into the event with a plan. If it doesn't work, at least you tried, and own the fact that you made a poor choice.
10. Giving up on everything just because you made one mistake.
Next time: Avoid throwing away your whole day because of one mistake. Challenge yourself to move on quickly. This way the whole you have to dig yourself out of will be smaller.
11. Canceling because you are embarrassed that you had a bad week.
What needs to happen: Man up and show up. When you've been struggling is when you need your trainer the most!
I hope no one is offended by this post. It is designed to give you ideas on how to automatically become a more successful and happy client!
Please share it here!
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...