Follow one of the recommended ab workouts for a month, then try the other. You can also do #1 or #2 every other time you train, if you prefer. Either way, your abs should get in great shape with these quick routines.
Keep in mind that, in order to
see that six pack, first and foremost you need to reduce your bodyfat levels.
Find an ab workout routine you can try today
Below each workout you'll see video of each exercise shown in order.
Beginner at home ab workout routine #1:
- Traditional crunch. Perform two sets of 15-20 reps (2x15-20). Rest 60 seconds between sets.
- Reverse crunch. 2x15-20. Rest 60 seconds between sets.
- Legs up crunch. 2x15-20. Rest 60 seconds between sets.
- Twisting side crunch 2x15-20. Rest 60 seconds between sets.
Intermediate at home ab workout routine:
1. 4-way ab crunch on ball. 2x6-8 rounds. Rest 30 seconds between sets.
2. Side plank hip dip with arm perpendicular. 2x15-20. Rest 30 seconds between sets.
3. Facedown plank on toes. 2x60 second hold. Rest 30 seconds between sets.
4. Side rockers. 2x15-20. Rest 30 seconds between sets.
Advanced at home ab workout routine:
1. Bicycles for abs. 1x25-40. Go immediately to next exercise.
2. Stir the pot plank on ball. 1x5-10 circles each direction.
3. Side plank hip dip to leg raise. 1x15-20. Go immediately to next exercise.
4. Flying V-ups (you can just do regular V-ups if these are too hard). 1x10-15.
Rest 60 seconds and repeat 1-4 so that you end up doing them all twice.
More ab workout resources
To see videos of more of my favorite ab exercises with instruction, go here.
If you'd like my help in constructing your own personal ab routine, schedule a Free 15-Minute Consultation or Request a Price Quote.