|site search by freefind|
With your partner
1. Make a date with your significant other to go roller-skating, ice skating or inline skating.
2. Go zip-lining together.
3. Tackle an indoor rock climbing wall together. Try spotting each other!
4. Add partner exercises to your workouts, like partner squats or passing the medicine ball back and forth.
5. Take turns picking a new class or sport to try together. Try friendly competition!
6. Challenge each other to a steps-per-day contest: track your steps with a pedometer for an entire week--the winner gets a back massage.
With Your Co-Workers
7. Hold a walking meeting with co-workers (instead of at the conference room table).
8. Start a walking club during lunch.
9. Start a 'salad club.' Each day, have each member bring one salad ingredient (chicken, greens, chickpeas, avocado, dressing, etc--enough for everyone to use). Toss them all together at lunchtime for a new salad every day.
With Your Children
10. Play 'follow the leader' with your kids or, if you're feeling silly, on a run with a friend.
11. Use the monkey bars and playground equipment to exercise while your kids are playing.
12. Let your child choose a different healthy recipe each week and make it together.
13. Have a Hula-hoop or jump rope contest in the backyard.
14. Have relay races with your kids.
15. If you have a newborn, meet up with your local stroller exercise group (it's usually free for first-timers).
16. Go toboganning together. Walk up the hills--no lifts!
With Your Family
17. Plan a hike or time spent kayaking on vacation.
18. Plan a 'wellness day' with your mom or dad (or other family member): bring them along to yoga, and enjoy a healthy meal and good conversation together.
19. Give a family member a fitness-related gift, and show them how to use it.
20. Give your spouse or family member who's trying to get back into shape a guided tour of the grocery store.
21. At your next family picnic, organize a walk with a scavenger hunt.
22. Have a 'double date' with your folks. Take an indoor aqua Zumba class with your parents and hubby.
With Your Friends
23. Be 13 again: come up with a dance routine to a favorite song with a girlfriend.
24. Take a photography hike with a friend.
25. Start a walking book (discuss a book each month while taking a walk) with bookworms who are looking to shape up.
26. Set an exercise goal with a friend, then each create a wish list on your favorite retail site. Buy each other something off the list once you reach your goal.
27. Check out fitness DVDs from the library, and instead of a 'movie night' with the girls, organize a 'fitness night.'
28. Pool together to hire a personal trainer to lead your group though a morning boot camp class.
With Your Pet
29. Sign up for a race with your pet, like the Pooch to 5K. Invite other pet-owning friends to participate, too!
30. Sign your dog up for agility training classes. Guide your pooch through the obstacles, and you'll both benefit from a great workout.
"Skip the gym...do the workout."
Jul 23, 20 02:57 PM
These 7 effective tips to prevent common workout injuries will be a game changer for you once you learn them.
Jul 16, 20 12:53 PM
Here are a few tips on first aid preparedness and injury prevention. The little bit of extra planning is well worth it. It is always beneficial to be prepared.
Jul 07, 20 12:23 PM
Why are my thighs getting bigger instead of smaller from exercise? Learn why this might happen and what you can do about it.